Monday, February 16, 2009

7 Weeks

Today, baby sea monkey is about the size of a blueberry. Mike hates that I'm calling the baby a sea monkey, but until he/she drops the tails and gills, that's the only name that seems fitting. Besides, our nieces and nephews call Mike "Uncle Monkey" so it kind of goes with the tradition.

We had our 6-week appointment last week and got to see the baby on an ultrasound. We even saw his/her lil heart thumping away at 144 beats a minute. All looks good and normal (yay for normalcy!) Next up ... hopefully weaning off the twice-a-day progesterone injections. I don't know who will be happier - me or Mike.

3 comments:

William, Megan and Avery said...

I'm going to put my guess out there- it's a boy :)

Anonymous said...

I love that you added the baby ticker.
mamie

Jennifer said...

baby seamonkey!! ahahahha ... is that from Juno?

I am so happy for you guys!