Monday, July 16, 2012

20 Week Roundup

I'm more than half way there!!! - assuming I reach my goal of going 36 weeks before delivery.

In two weeks I have gained 20 lbs, which my doctor will be very pleased to hear. In about a week or 2 I will be the same size as a fully pregnant lady who is carrying 1 baby.

According to one perinatologist I've seen, at this point I would be asked to quit my job if I worked full-time and resign myself to sitting for large parts of the day. I don't think I can resign from being a mom to a very active toddler, but I am learning to rest more during the day.

We have settled on names for each of the babies: McKenna Roslyn, Ryleigh Elisa and Josiah Michael. I was going to blog about the process we went through to choose the names, but my husband did such a good job writing about it that I think I'll just link to his blog: http://rmichaelconner.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/naming-our-triplets/

In the past 2 weeks we have finalized plans to move to Jacksonville, FL. It has been quite the whirlwind but I completely see God's hand in it. We received final confirmation a week ago that Mike would be offered the job for which he had interviewed. Since then, we have signed a lease on a rental house that is PERFECT, found a good ob-gyn practice, had waves of friends help us pack or move boxes, and pretty much have everything in place for us to move next week. Mike even was given the rest of this week off with pay (long story), which gives us a bit more breathing room to finish packing and still enjoy these last few days in VA.

As you can see, things are moving right along. We will meet with the perinatologist this week for another in-depth exam of the babies. In the mean time, please keep praying for McKenna, Ryleigh and Josiah to keep growing and developing correctly. Pray, too, for Addie as she will be facing some big changes in the next month.

1 comment:

LittleGreenThread said...

Was this picture taken at 20 weeks? You don't look that big to me. Maybe it's just the angle :) I love your names. Especially Josiah. LOVE Josiah. I hope your move goes well. Love & miss you!