Friday, March 28, 2008

Adoption Decisions

Mike and I met with a representative from Children's Home Society, a local non-profit agency that facilitates adoption of infants and older children in Virginia. They're a fairly small operation - they placed only 26 children last year - but they seem very passionate about the children with whom they are entrusted. Monday night we'll meet with a rep. from Bethany Christian Adoption Services,  a national agency that serves to help Christian families adopt. Currently, we're leaning toward pursuing a domestic infant adoption, but we've just started the investigative process regarding adoption and may decide to do something entirely different. 

From what we've heard, the entire process can take up to a year (sometimes more).

Please pray for us as we try to discern God's will in this. We have so many decisions to make in this whole process, and we truly want to know what to do and when. Honestly, my greatest fear is that we would be chosen by a birth parent, only to have the adoption fall through. Given our past experiences, I'm just not sure I could handle such disappointment again.

3 comments:

Dennis and Danielle said...

How exciting. We're praying for you guys.

Deanna said...

Praying...

Sarah said...

I don't know how I found this blog, but I read it occasionally and they seem to be going through some adoption issues as well. I thought you might be encouraged by some of the things she writes.

http://allthingshendrick.blogspot.com/search/label/adoption