Thursday, June 26, 2008

Eating Rubber

In the past few days God has laid before my eyes the story of the woman caught in adultery. I read it in a devotional, heard it in sermons and came across it in various readings. So you'd think I would have been asking God, "Why are you teaching me about not judging others?" You'd think.

This week we had our company's trustees in the building, and I immediately was on edge. I've not always agreed with some of their decisions, and I tend to fear them. Part of me wanted to skip our weekly meeting because I assumed I couldn't benefit at all from hearing from the guest speaker, one of our trustees. I really had to eat humble pie afterward, though, because the speaker was not just inspiring but he also was humble, spot-on and deep.

So I really put my foot in my mouth this week with some of my judgmental thoughts and words. It would have been so much easier if I had simply learned the lesson when God tried to teach it to me from His Word.

No comments: