Thursday, June 26, 2008

Love is ...

Last week Mike and I had an intense conversation - not quite a fight - probably tied to me losing my ring. And it's not why you think. Mike wasn't upset that I lost my ring; he was upset that it took me 3 days to tell him. There's a really long answer for why I hid the mistake from him, but the short answer is that it has something to do with insecurities.

But that's not the point of this post. After our intense conversation, I worried the next day about how Mike would respond to me: would he forgive me, resent me, suspect me? I was tense and uptight ... until Mike called me at 9:30 to ask me to meet him at the front desk. He had gone and bought me my favorite drink, a grande caramel macchiato. 

The moral of the story: it's possible to fight with respect and love. And I am easily bought.

No comments: