Friday, November 15, 2013

The evil that lurks in fur ball packaging

During college I went on a date with a guy who thought the appropriate sign of adoration was a furby. A white, evil, possessed, refused-to-die furby. And trust me, we tried to off him. I sat him on my car roof and drove off hoping the thing would hit the ground and disintegrate. Unfortunately, I found him hiding under my bags when I moved back home from school. I also tried kicking him but he only growled and became more belligerent. I think I finally abandoned him on a park bench with my best wishes for finding another family to love and to drown him.

It's been years since I've thought of Mr. Stuff-of-Nightmares Furby.

Until my birthday a few weeks ago.

When I received this haunting drawing/card from my college roommate.


And this, folks, is why I hope my mansion in heaven is next door to Bethaney's. :)

No comments: