Thursday, January 30, 2014

Says Who?

Mike and I last night began to recount the number of bad reports/bad predictions we have heard in our 12 years of marriage:

* we would never have children (spoken from a former ob/gyn)
* we would never afford to adopt or do fertility treatments (spoken by us)
* I had miscarried Addie at 6 wks (spoken by ob gyn)
* I will miscarry Addie within a month due to damaged placenta (spoken by neonatologist)
* triplets will be born with numerous disabilities (spoken by ob gyn)
* Mike will not be able to find a job in Jacksonville (spoken by former boss)
* McKenna is showing signs of down syndrome (spoken by neonatologist)
* McKenna tested positive for serious complex immune deficiency syndrome (spoken by NICU doctor)
* I will not be able to handle caring for all 4 kids (spoken by me)
* having multiples causes more than half of marriages to end in divorce (spoken by multiples support group)

Well, thankfully none of these horrendous predictions came to be. And in the process we have learned to train our ears to truth and not the opinions of others (or even the opinions of our own doubts).

We have found there will always be people who are eager to share their negative predictions, dire comments, doom and gloom prophecies. I choose to listen to words of hope, instead, and these words have proven true.

I have never seen the righteous forsaken. (Ps. 37:25)

I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Ps. 139:14)

He will rebuke the devourer for our sakes. (Mal. 3:11)

I am accepted in the beloved. (Eph. 1:6)

I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. (Ps. 27:13)

So whose report will you choose to listen to?



No comments: