Friday, January 24, 2014

Walk This Way

I have often heard the question, "What are you believing God for?" and my mind usually comes up blank. Sure, I pray for my family's protection and health, and I'm asking God to help us find a house to buy in the summer. But as for fervent, sweat-filled prayers where I wrestle with God over something, I'm just not there.

Reading the book of Galatians, though, I'm struck by how much my life is governed by faith.

It takes faith to know God is who He says He is, and that when I pray I'm not just talking to air.

It takes faith to know I am who God says I am, and I'm not just a worthless, messed up person.

It takes faith to know God is in me, and He is greater than the pressures I face.

It takes faith to know that as broken as this world appears, God is still God.

So this morning's revelation is that as followers of Jesus, we do walk by faith each and every time we choose to believe God versus believe the world. Walk on, my friend!

No comments: